Friday 10 October 2014

Arrival in Hamilton

I made it to Hamilton and am making myself at home with my cousin Jane and her family. Angela took me to the bus station in Ottawa this morning. It was very busy with people trying to get away for the long weekend. My bus wasn't even from the Greyhound fleet as they had extra buses to cope with the volume of travellers. I didn't get my preferred window seat and the journey to Toronto felt very long. I read a bit, snacked a bit and looked at the scenery. It was always going to be tight to catch my onward bus to Hamilton but I did think for a while I'd miss it when we hit really bad traffic with about an hour left on the journey. 

I guess the schedule allows for these things as we actually arrived in on time. The Toronto bus station was quite confusing with so many people and some construction but I eventually found the right queue to join and the bus to Hamilton was quiet so I could stretch out. The traffic getting out of Toronto was horrendous so we ended up being half an hour late arriving at 6.30pm. I sent Jane a text and she was soon by to pick me up and drive me the short distance to her home.

David, her husband, Susan, her youngest daughter and Nancy, her mother in law were here to welcome me. We had supper then David and Susan went to pick up Emma and Catherine, their other two daughters from the airport. They've been catching up a lot this evening and I've been sat back relaxing. I'm not sure what the plans are over the weekend but I'm happy to just go with the flow.

Jane and David's house, Hamilton
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom. Have a great time with Jane and family - say Hi from us and Happy Thanksgiving to all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your last bus journey was not pleasurable,but glad you have settled in with Jane and extended family.
    Wonder what you all will get up to during the Thanksgiving weekend,no doubt lots of action and great food.
    Enjoy yourself Tom.
    Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete