Saturday 11 October 2014

Myers Farm and Hamilton walk

The day started slowly with a leisurely breakfast including some great french toast made by Emma. When we were ready we headed to Myers Apple Farm. There we picked a big bag of apples and got lots of vegetables for tonight's meal and the Thanksgiving meal. It was nice to be outside as although the air was quite crisp the sun was shining very brightly and it was slowly starting to warm up.

When we got back to the house the girls headed to the mall. Jane had an exercise class in the early afternoon and David was out so I took the opportunity to walk out and towards Hamilton. I walked at quite a fast pace from Westdale where the house is into Downtown Hamilton. It took about 40 minutes to get there so not too long. I found the First Ontario Centre easily where I wanted to pick up a ticket I'd brought online for a concert next week in Toronto. I paid a quick trip to the tourist information office for a city map and then wandered around a few nearby streets before heading back towards Westdale. At times I was overheating so took my jacket off although it did occasionally get chilly when I wasn't in the sun. I took a walk up to the imposing Cathedral Basilica of Christ the King but was disappointed not to be able to take a look inside. As I neared the house I took a slight detour into Cootes Paradise Sanctuary. I walked parts of a couple of the trails there and would definitely like to go back and walk around some more as it's very peaceful and picturesque. I got back to the house at 3pm by which time I'd been out for 3 hours.

I had a snack and in the late afternoon took a walk to the supermarket with David and Catherine. This evening we had a lovely meal and I've sat watching TV with Jane, David and Nancy. The older girls went out to catch up with friends and Susan had friends around to the house.

I'm pretty tired after my walks. Tomorrow I hope to be able to explore some more and maybe walk some different trails. I'll need to get out and about to build up a good appetite for the Thanksgiving supper that we'll be having a day early.
 
Myers Apple Farm


Cathedral Basilica of Christ the King

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your day out and about in Hamilton will have set you up nicely for your Thanksgiving supper. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete