Wednesday 1 October 2014

Moncton Audio Tour and Travel to Charlottetown

It feels like it's been a long day. I started at a slow pace with a leisurely breakfast then checked out of the hostel before the 10.30am deadline. I was able to leave my bag there as I went to explore further around the town using a Hertitage iTour I'd downloaded. I managed to get around all 30 of the sights in just over an hour. I'd actually passed them all previously but not noted many of the buildings and to get some of the history behind them was interesting. I stopped back at the hostel to have a snack then headed down to the station for my bus.

I had an hour bus ride to Amherst then changed to a smaller bus for the two hour ride to Charlottetown. I couldn't relax on the first bus and the second was quite noisy with a couple of people talking to the driver the whole way. It was like they saw him as their private tour guide. I did manage to read for a bit on the second bus then when we crossed over to Prince Edward Island I spent my time looking at the scenery. The Confederation Bridge is quite something to drive over as it just goes on and on. The island itself is very pretty. As we got closer to town the sun started to shine after what had been a gloomy day otherwise which helped enhance the views. The bus arrived about 20 minutes late and it took me 15 minutes to march to the hostel. As soon as I'd checked in I was logged into their wifi for an update on the Arsenal score as I'd been unable to follow the game during my day's travels. It was with much joy and relief that I saw we'd won 4-1 against Galatasaray. I need to find some highlights online and watch all the Arsenal Fan TV videos on Youtube to see the reaction to our performance.

I went for a power walk over to Victoria Park but got there just too late to see the sun set. It was a good walk though and I know I'm well located and where the main centre is for when I go out exploring tomorrow. I cooked and ate at the hostel using food I had left over from Moncton and have sat chatting to some of the staff members and other guests. It really is a very friendly little hostel, even friendlier I think than the one in Moncton and there seem to be a good, diverse mix of people working and staying here. Hopefully that makes for a more interesting stay.


Moncton trash cans

Transcript Building

HI Hostel, Charlottetown

2 comments:

  1. What a charming-looking hostel you are in now. Good to hear that it is as homely and welcoming as it looks. Charlottetown and the island sound intriguing, and we hope you have a thoroughly enjoyable time there. (By the way, love the Moncton trash cans.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting place and I'm sure you will find many fascinating points of interest whilst you are there. I agree, the trash cans are unique and must make people smile as they pass them in the street!!

    ReplyDelete