Saturday 18 October 2014

Back home

I'm sat in bed with Match Of The Day on TV, something I haven't been able to do for quite some time. The flight back to the UK was ok. I got to the airport easily enough, checked in my bag, switched my seat on the plane to one by a window and made my way through security. I managed to spend my last few dollars taking into account that tax isn't included in the price shown of most items.
 
I was able to kill time at the airport using one of the many free iPads offered. My flight boarded on time but was delayed leaving by about half an hour. I watched a film, ate and tried my best to sleep the rest of the flight. I wasn't too successful but managed enough rest to keep me going. The flight landed in Manchester about 20 minutes late after a while waiting for my bag to come off the plane was through to be met by Mum and Dad who were waiting for me. It was great to see them and nice to relax in the car on the two and a bit hour drive back to Lincolnshire where we arrived shortly before 2.30pm.

I fell asleep this evening as the jet lag started to catch up with me and expect it'll take at least three or four days for me to properly recover. It's nice to finally fully unpack and to have all my clothes and some of my other things available here. Once I've recovered properly I'll have time to reflect on my trip, organise my photographs and catch up on life.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Tom on what seems to have been a very successful and exhausting adventure and I am so pleased that I and my family were able to be a very small part of it. Well done and Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to have you back.
    Can't wait to hear more about your 3month trip and see all the pics.Sure you have loads of memories and experiences to always remind you of your adventure.
    Your brilliant daily blogs were such a great way to stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete