Wednesday 8 October 2014

Back to Ottawa

I'm back in Ottawa after the short flight from Halifax. I woke before my alarm went off at 6am and had time for breakfast before leaving the hostel. I caught the shuttle bus as planned to the airport, was very quickly checked in and through security. I had plenty of time to get a coffee and use the free airport wifi. My plane left on time and I was lucky to have two seats to myself. I read for much of the 2 hour flight and enjoyed the complimentary drinks and snacks offered by the airline. Porter certainly offer much better service for the budget traveller than other more established companies. We landed about 15 minutes early and Angela was there to wait for me by the luggage carousel.

We drove the short distance back to her apartment, caught up and had some lunch then went to Hog's Back Park for a long walk. It was really good to stretch my legs as we wandered along the trails along the Rideau River to Vincent Massey Park and back again then over to the canal. We watched a boat go through the lock gates before walking along the canal, back over the river and back to the car. It rained a little when we were out but not too heavily and I did start to notice more autumnal colours which make things look quite pretty.

This evening I've been looking at what's on for my time in Toronto and we've been chatting a fair bit. It's nice to be able to put my feet up and relax and to plan the few days I have left of travelling alone once I've been to Hamilton and spent the Thanksgiving weekend with my cousin Jane and her family.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you had such a pleasant flight back to Ottawa.
    Sure Angela is pleased to have her "walking buddy" back,even though it's for such a short time.
    Hope tomorrow's journey goes well and that you enjoy Thanksgiving in Hamilton.
    Love from us

    ReplyDelete