Monday 21 July 2014

Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park and Baseball

I had a leisurely start to the day after waking early. I headed out and walked towards downtown Brooklyn. It was further and took a lot longer than I thought to reach the Brooklyn Bridge and a fair amount of time to cross it to Manhattan. 

From there I caught the subway to Times Square to find a Yankees store where I could get a ticket for tonight's baseball game. I took a walk up to Central Park and spent a good couple of hours walking then relaxing in the shade. No matter how many times I visit New York I always find something different to see in the park.

The baseball was decent but the Yankees lost 4-2 to the Texas Rangers. I had a good seat and grabbed yet another souvenir cup for my collection.

I'm very tired now and hoping to take things at a slower pace tomorrow.

Brooklyn Bridge

Central Park

New York Yankees vs Texas Rangers

2 comments:

  1. This sounds as though it was a good day out all round. Really pleased you managed to get a ticket to the baseball and had such a good seat (as the excellent photo demonstrates). Hope your slower-paced day today goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using the website as recommended Tom.
    Hope it works

    ReplyDelete