Thursday 31 July 2014

Final day in Cambridge

The morning started with the whole community out in the fields for an hour clearing weeds. After that we came back in for breakfast and I began to not feel so good with another headache starting. I took some paracetamol and had a lie down then went to see if I could help at the soap shop. We had to inspect a batch of product they'd made for bubbles which occured when it was setting. After that I moved onto packing some facial cleanser. It came off the production line pretty quickly but I soon found a good packing technique.

After lunch I took a lie down again to help me feel properly better. There were two big storms whilst I was in the soap shop in the afternoon so when I finished my working day the stream was quite swollen. I headed into Cambridge to get a coffee (Thursday being the only night the coffee shop opens late) and then went for supper at the community's other house. Afterwards I helped with their weekly chores before the short walk back to the farm. I've been chatting for a fair bit and more travelling lies ahead tomorrow so I'll be off to bed soon for a good rest.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better Tom. Good luck for the next stage of the adventure.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as though you've developed some potentially useful transferable skills down on the farm, Tom. You've certainly earned your corn, but we're pleased to learn you've been fed well. Sorry about the recurring headache, but glad you were able to deal with it effectively. Hope you have a relaxing bus ride to NYC. Wishing you all the best for your stay on Staten Island. XX

    ReplyDelete