Saturday 26 July 2014

Relaxing

Today started back in Cambridge close to where I finished yesterday's day out.  I walked down through MIT and across the Charles River on Harvard Bridge. I made my way to Fenway Park, home of the Red Sox then back towards the city centre to follow the Black Heritage Trail. It took me through some lovely areas with big expensive houses.

I made my way from there into the Public Garden and relaxed in the shade for the next hour or two. It actually cooled to a very pleasant level as I sat. I headed past the original Cheers bar and to a pub, Lir to watch the Arsenal friendly game with New York. It was pretty quiet so I guess all the Boston Gooners headed south to watch the game in person. It ended in a 1-0 defeat but was a decent game and the youngsters did well. I ate at the pub which saved me having to buy then cook anything at the hostel.

Back at the hostel I've sorted some more bits for my trip including travel from Philadelphia to Baltimore and a hostel to stay in there. The hostel I wanted in Philadelphia is fully booked so I'm trying to find someone to stay with on Couchsurfing before I book into a less convenient hostel.


MIT

Robert Gould Shaw / 54th Massachusetts Regiment Memorial

Make Way For Ducklings, Public Garden

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day,not so strenuous.
    Love the row of ducklings,would look nice in our garden!
    Enjoy your next adventure.

    ReplyDelete