Sunday 28 September 2014

Trip to Levis and Preparing to move on

I've been trying to take things slowly. I was awake and up early but took breakfast at a very leisurely pace then once I'd packed walked over to a nearby park to sit for a while. It was foggy so cool out this morning.

I went back to the hostel, checked out just before 11am and left my bag in their luggage room then strolled around the city walls and eventually up just near the Citadel where I sat and read for a while. 

I meandered back to the hostel via the scenic Governors' Promenade route. There I joined a small group and one of the hostel workers for a walk down to catch the ferry across the river to Levis. The ferry trip only took about 20 minutes and once there we climbed up a very long staircase to get a great view of Quebec City. A breeze was blowing which made it feel very pleasant. The others waited in line for ice cream at a very popular cafe but I decided not to hang around and to wander back down to the ferry. They weren't going anywhere else anyway. If I'd have had more motivation I might have looked around Levis some more but my energy and drive was starting to run out.

After catching the ferry back I took a quick look around the Quartier Petit Champlain which features a couple of grand frescos and some very European looking streets and alleyways. I took an indirect route back to the hostel stopping for something to eat, to get food for my journey and to sit in the early evening sun on the city wall.

I've got a little while until I need to leave for the station although they ask that you get there a minimum of 30 minutes before departure. My shuttle bus leaves at 8.45pm and my train at 10.30pm. It's going to be a very long trip as I'm not scheduled to arrive in Moncton until 2pm although need to remember that I'm losing an hour due to a change of timezone. I only hope I have room to spread out on the train and can get plenty of sleep along the way.

Quebec City from the ferry

At Levis

Quartier Petit Champlain
 

1 comment:

  1. Really good photos, Tom. It was good that you were able to cross the river to gain a great view of Quebec City. We hope your train journey proves comfortable enough for you to get a decent night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete