Thursday 28 August 2014

Arrival in Indianapolis

I'm finally in Indianapolis and have needed the afternoon off to recover from my travels. I got to the city about noon and the hostel about 1pm. I slept a fair bit on the bus ride from Pittsburgh but as is usual for Greyhound had a service stop along the way where everyone has to leave the bus for it to be cleaned. I don't mind the stopping as you can get out and stretch your legs but they always seem to come at a really ungodly hour.

The hostel is very nice. It's someway north of the city centre but is in a really nice residential area. I've managed to get a double bed which means I'll really be able to spread out tonight. After checking in I went straight to the supermarket about 4 blocks away to find something for lunch and to buy food for the next few days. Then I came back, showered, had a really nice, long Skype chat with Mum and Dad and got my laundry done. 

I'd sat around the hostel for quite a while trying to plan my time here then decided to take a wander as my knee was sore from sitting for too long, primarily in the train and bus. I walked about 15 blocks north on the Monon Trail which runs right passed the hostel. It's very well used by cyclists and joggers and took me into Broad Ripple Village which has a huge array of restaurants and small stores then made my way back to cook something to eat. 

Everyone seems to have gone out so it's lovely and quiet at the moment. I'll have an early night tonight then head into the centre on the bus in the morning to see what the city has to offer. I suspect I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Indy Hostel, Indianapolis

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom. Well done, have fun! Love from us xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Indy Hostel looks both homely and jolly, and it sounds as though you'll have a comfy time there. Nearby Broad Ripple Village has a really intriguing name (don't suppose there's a Raspberry Ripple Village in the vicinity, too), and Indianapolis sounds promising. Hope you have a great time there.

    ReplyDelete