Saturday 16 August 2014

Easy Saturday

Today was taken at a very slow pace. I was up early with Tim to go to a cars and coffee meet up and we took his neighbours 1963 Corvette Sting Ray. Such a nice car and so noisy. There weren't that many people there so we weren't out for very long. 

Tammy made some Belgian waffles and then it was nearly time for the football to kick off and I was able to watch the Arsenal vs Crystal Palace game on NBC although there was no match build up and very little analysis at half time or after. We won (just) so that made for a good start to the Premier League season. 

I've been around the house most of the day. It felt very hot out to me and I'm nursing a lot of insect bites from last night. My laundry has been done and I've been looking into the option of getting a 30 day Amtrak pass for continuation of my travel. I need to understand just what is covered by it and then will finalise my planning as I'd like to head off on Wednesday and have my next few ports of call sorted by that time. After dinner we went out to the village for ice cream. It was very nice but I think I got bitten a fair few more times.

1963 Corvette Sting Ray

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of your numerous insect bites,not pleasant
    Your day sounded relaxing which is what you need now and again.
    The Amtrak pass sounds a great idea,and much more comfortable
    Hope you manage to plan your next trips and we look forward to knowing where you are going next.Take care.

    ReplyDelete