Friday 8 August 2014

Drinks and video games

What a fun Friday night in Philly. I'm quite exhausted and ready for bed. The bus to the city was a little late arriving but once here I made the way to my home for the weekend easily enough. It's a nice terrace house in a pleasant enough part of south Philadelphia. I found it through the Air B&B website but to all intense and purposes it's much like I'm couchsurfing here but paying for the privilege. My host, Steve seems very well organised and friendly, the fridge is stocked with drinks and there are plenty of maps and information on things to do in the city.

Once I'd gathered my thoughts I set off to walk to the city centre. I reckon it took a bit over 45 minutes pretty much in a straight line using the tall buildings to guide my way. Shortly after I arrived I received a text from my good friend Andrea to arrange to meet so headed over to Reading Terminal Market. We soon met up and I had a proper Philly Cheesesteak. After chatting a while we walked north and east a fair distance to a bar called Barcade. As the name indicates it's a bar and an arcade with old school video games to play as you drink. We had some drinks, chatted and played some video game, mainly failing quite quickly. We took the subway back to the city centre and then went our separate ways although plan to meet up again tomorrow night. It was so good to see her again and we had much catching up to do. It was after 11pm when I got back and managed to figure out which key fitted which lock to get me into the apartment.

I need to do some planning for tomorrow as I work out what to see and do throughout the day but that can wait until the morning.

Air B&B apartment, Philadelphia

1 comment:

  1. Hope you recovered after your long day and by all accounts a long evening too!
    Am sure you will find lots to see/do in Philly today and great that you are meeting up with Andrea again.
    Outside of your w/e retreat looks nice,hope the sofa was comfortable.
    Xx from us both

    ReplyDelete