Saturday 2 August 2014

Settling in

I had a pleasant first day on Staten Island. The morning started with me being woken by a very heavy shower. I was the first up but Lisa was soon up and too chatting and made a great cooked breakfast.
I headed out on shopping errands with Lisa and Charlie and it had started to get warmer. The trip helped me learn what is where. The island is a lot larger than I thought so there is a fair bit I could discover. After we returned to the house I put on my laundry then headed out for a walk. I went down to the water and along to Snug Harbor Cultural Center. The park was quite large and surprisingly very quiet given it was a Saturday. I walked back inland and up a steep hill then looped back around to the house. I was out for about an hour and a half so got my exercise. 

I set about finding somewhere to stay in Philadelphia for when I move on, watched a football friendly on TV with David and his Dad then the whole family went to a local Tex Mex restaurant. I've been chatting a bit tonight and am ready to get started with some painting tomorrow when the rest of the house are out taking Bonnie to camp.

Lisa and David's house, Staten Island

View to Bayonne Bridge       
Snug Harbor Cultural Center

1 comment:

  1. Staten Island was clearly a good choice. Nice to know you're being well looked after. Mum's particularly impressed by the flowers at the cultural centre. Hope the painting goes well.

    ReplyDelete