Tuesday 19 August 2014

Best laid plans

Last night I just couldn't get to sleep as I was stressed about the remaining planning for the next part of my trip and my mind was racing with ideas. When I woke this morning I decided I'd have to ditch my plans to reach Denver and Vancouver and now think I'll be heading to Canada sooner and sticking to the area between Toronto and Montreal whilst I'm there.

As a result of not sleeping properly my mind wasn't working and my stomach also felt poorly so I elected to stay around the house this morning then ventured out at the same time as Tammy went to work,  grabbed a drink and went to wait for the bus to the city to watch the football. I had to change to the tram in the city but got to the Big Ben Pub, home to the Queen City Gooners with plenty of time to spare. I was the first fan there and it was quiet with it being a weekday afternoon but a few more fans did drift in. I had something to eat during the poor game, Besiktas 0-0 Arsenal and at least the food made me feel a bit better. 

It poured with rain when the match was on but thankfully had stopped by the time I came to head to the bus which I just managed to catch saving me time getting to the house in the rush hour traffic. I did some further trip planning and late in the evening started my packing. I've got a long day of travelling ahead of me.

Big Ben Pub

1 comment:

  1. The Big Ben Pub complete with a red telephone box! Priceless. We're glad you felt better after a bite to eat there. Wishing you a good onward journey to Washington DC and a really enjoyable visit there.

    ReplyDelete